- Read this FAQ in French
Click here to access the FAQ in French
- What is the Orange Cloud API?
The Orange Cloud API enables you to build services and applications that access Orange customers’ personal cloud with their permission. The Orange Cloud is included in most Orange offers (mobile, ADSL and fiber), which represents a potential of several million users.
- Which countries is the API available in?
The Cloud API is available in France for Orange customers who have the Cloud included in their subscription.
- Is the API compatible with all languages?
Yes, the Orange Cloud is a REST API, so it is available and compatible with all programming languages supporting the HTTP protocol. SDKs are also available.
- What does user consent mean?
In order for your service using the Orange Cloud API to access a user’s content, you must first get the user’s permission for you to do so. To learn more about “3 legged” authentication, click here
- What happens if a user refuses to give their consent?
If the user does not give you permission, you will not be able to access their Cloud content
- How much does the API cost?
The Orange Cloud API is free of charge for developers
- What’s the API’s availability rate?
The availability rate is 99.44%.
- How can I get a CLIENT ID and CLIENT TOKEN?
To receive a CLIENT ID and CLIENT TOKEN, follow the subscription process which is outlined here
- Does the API work in SSL?
Yes, all calls to the API must be made via HTTPS.
- How can I report a bug or suggest an improvement to the API?
You can contact us or make suggestions via our online support here
- What does this error mean?
You can see the full list of error messages on our developer site by clicking the tab API reference
- SSL HANDSHAKE failure
If you are using a self-signed certificate and, you can refer to our knowledge base here
If you’re using a Mac with MAMP, and receive the message « error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure”, your version of MAMP does not include the right OpenSSL version. You’ll find all the information on Stackoverflow here
- I can’t access any Cloud content and the access directory is empty
By default, your application will only be able to access an assigned directory on the Cloud. To access all of your user’s Cloud content you’ll need to request access to the “cloudfullwrite” perimeter here
This request is subject to Orange internal validation.
- How can I test my application?
If you are not an Orange France customer and you need a test account to integrate the Cloud API, you can request it from our Support service here
We will reply within two working days.
- Is there a tutorial to integrate the Orange Cloud API into my application?
Yes, there is a good tutorial on the Developpez.com website here
- Can the user revoke my access to their Cloud account?
Yes, by logging into their Cloud account at http://le-cloud.orange.fr/, the user can revoke all permissions granted to your service.
- How long does the token last?
3,600 seconds, or one hour. Once it has ended, you will need to ask for a refresh-token.
- What happens if the user does not accept the Cloud terms and conditions?
If, during the login and consent phase, the user has not yet activated their Cloud account (by validating the general terms and conditions) the connection with your service will not be possible and you will receive an error message.
- How can I write somewhere other than my application’s directory?
To access the entire Cloud of your user, you must ask for “cloudfullwrite” access. Please note: this scope is subject to internal validation by our teams. You’ll need to request access via https://partner.orange.com/cloudfullwrite-access-request/
- What happens to the callback feature when the authentication is done via a mobile app?
The 3-Legged authentication call from a mobile app is very simple. The callback is done via the device’s native browser, which will simply redirect to the application you have developed, and this will be transparent to your user.
- How does it handle special characters?
The file names are systematically transmitted in Base64, which eliminates any encoding problems.
- How can I be referenced on the Orange Cloud website?
We highlight certain partners via the Orange Cloud website when their services are complementary to our offer. We take a close look at what are partners offer when they integrate our APIs. If we think there’s an opportunity to extend our partnership with you (co-marketing, visibility, integration into an Orange product or service…) we will be in touch!