What is the Orange Design System?
When a company operates at scale, either on multiple countries or markets, or both, come recurring challenges. In this context, a design system, which is a market standard deployed by worldwide companies, comes in handy.
The Orange Design System integrates brand identity, responsive screen, accessibility, sustainability and security standards for various platforms (Web, Android , iOS, TV,..).
An online collection of 100 robust ready-to-use digital components, the most frequently used, from design to code, coming alongside with detailed design and code documentation. Libraries evolving with innovation and contributions + rich and evolutive library of 1700 + icons in the Orange Solaris exclusive style.
The Orange Design System is full Open Source with all the digital contents you need!
What does it do?
The Orange Design System helps the Orange digital community create and maintain qualitative Orange digital experiences. It is a powerful asset to meet the challenges of competition while optimizing budgets and time to market.
- reduce the delay it takes to design, test, build, and maintain digital interfaces
- reduce the delay/friction happening in design to development handoffs, searching for assets and details, with false starts and restarts
- prevent projects fail due to compliance or accessibility issues
- avoid the creation of identical digital content in silo
Who is it for?
The ODS is aimed at:
- Designers or developers delivering mockup or digital interfaces with brand standards : websites, mobile applications, TV screens, etc.
- Product owners delivering digital interfaces with budget and time constraints
- Communication managers using the Solaris icons for communication, App launcher, digital content,
- External agencies working for Orange projects
Developers, how to start?
If you need additional support?
Advanced Pack service
Enhance the management and quality of delivery
- Dedicated online space
Secured access to a private space to host autonomously project-specific or sensitive assets within the Orange Design System Manager.
- Best-in-class library management
Based on your production processes, start a series of dedicated coaching sessions to set up the best-in-class management of your projects : from inventory and structure, to naming convention and tokens, for both design and code disciplines.
- Effective design documentation
Key point for successful learning and reuse by your digital community
- Advanced agile coaching
Based on your production processes, start a series of dedicated coaching sessions to set up a best-in-class management of your projects : from inventory and structure, to naming convention and tokens, for both design and code disciplines.
A la carte service
Take organization and production to excellency level
- Production Design workforce
Dedicated team of designers and developers to deliver components, modules, pages, website or mobile app, from analysis of context and user’s needs, to design and code assets, plus maintenance of custom libraries.
- Advanced Design coaching
Standard or Expert Design Reviews with peer-to-peer support. Regular creative assistance from a platform expert on the implementation of the Orange Design System foundations, integration of project specific assets, with a focus on overall consistency and Orange digital standards compliancy
- Community Management foundations
Support to define the tools and rituals to federate users, with the help of a dedicated community manager to initiate the day-to-day animation.