- What is Web Payment?
- It allows online merchants to collect and manage payments through Orange Money.
- It’s a real-time remote payment and online purchase solution.
- It’s a key enabler for developing e-commerce in Africa, where cash is still the preferred method of payment over cards.
- Who is it for?
- The primary target is Web merchants, but other services can be targeted (tax collection, donations, school fees,…).
- Merchants must have an Orange Money account. More details are available via your local Orange operator. Specific terms and conditions apply.
- Who can integrate the service?
The merchant usually manages the integration if he has the technical means to do it. If this is not possible, we do have integration partners available – speak to your local Orange operator.
- What are the criteria for an Orange Money merchant?
Merchants must be KYA compliant – speak to your local Orange operator for full details.
- What are the costs related to the service?
Please speak to your local Orange operator.
- I am an IT startup company, how I can access the service?
- Companies that hold the Orange Money merchant status can access this service.
- As a start-up you need to register as an Orange Money merchant if you offer an e-commerce service, or offer technical services on behalf of an Orange Money merchant. More details with your local Orange operator.
- When is the service available?
- The service is already available in Mali, Cameroon, Senegal and Niger
- The remaining countries in our footprint will launch the service from the beginning of 2017,
- How can I keep up to date about the availability of the Orange Money service in the countries that concern me?
You are already registered in the Orange Partner database as someone who is interested in Orange Money and API Web Payment. Once the API is available in Niger, for example, we will email you. We will do the same for each new country that offers this service.
- Once I complete the tests, how do I go into production?
You will receive full details via email. Once the tests are completed, you are ready to go to productio
- What are the deadlines for Orange integration partners?
This will be confirmed in the agreement that you have with the integrator.